Advisory Board Members
Mr. Mike Pence, Center Board President, is a resident of Joplin, Mo. and the recently retired owner/president of Electric Motor Supply, Inc. In 1994 the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce named him "Outstanding Citizen", which is the Chamber's oldest and highest honor. Pence has also served as chairman or president of the following organizations: Vision Joplin, Rotary Club of Joplin, Jasper County American Cancer Society, Stapleton Elementary School PTO, Missouri Southern State University Lion Backers, Twin Hills Golf and Country Club, the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce, St. John's Regional Medical Center and the Electrical Apparatus Service Association, a worldwide professional trade association. He has served as a member of YMCA Board of Directors and a captain of the local United Way. Currently he is an advisory director of US Bank in Joplin, serves on the board of Joplin Industrial Development Authority, and is a Master Naturalist.
Ms. Rebecca Dunham, Center Board Secretary, is a Sales Manager/EVP with Arvest Bank where she has worked since 1989. She received her B.S. in Finance & Banking from the University of Arkansas and is a graduate of the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking. She and her husband, Randy, and daughter, Taylor, relocated to Joplin in 2007. She serves as the Vice-Chair of ASPIRE of Southwest Missouri and is a Leadership Joplin graduate (2008).
Ms. Vicki Cassady, Volunteer Chair, is a retired elementary school teacher and now works part time at Sam’s Club in Joplin. She and her husband, Calvin, live in Carl Junction. They have two daughters, Sarah Cassady and Rebecca DePriest and husband Brett. They have two grand boys, Calvin and Wilson. She enjoys sharing the outdoors with children, traveling and crafts. Her love of the outdoors came from her many summers spent at Girl Scout Camp Mintahama.
- Mr. Charley Burwick, Retired President of Missouri Bird Conservation Birds Initiative (MoBCI) Steering Committee
- Mr. Calvin Cassady, Ozark Gateway Audubon Society President
- Mr. Chris Churchwell, Mense, Churchwell, Mense
- Ms. Melodee Colbert-Kean, Joplin City Council
- Mr. Paul Bloomberg, Joplin Parks Department
- Mr. Jermey Goebel, US Bank
- Mr. Steve Graddy, Freeman Health Systems
- Ms. Robin McAlester, Empire District Electric Company
- Ms. Trista McDaniel, BKD CPA & Advisors
- Ms. Kristy Parker, Leffen Center for Autism
- Mr. Garrett Albright, Missouri Department of Conservation
- Mr. Mike White, Commerce Bank